Pan Mass Challenge-2005

SO.. pushing myself to 50 miles today made me realize that the PMC ride is going to require not only physical conditioning but mental as well.. On many of the steep climbs today, my brain was telling me that I should take a break and get off the bike...Not so...Creeping up the hills at 4-6 mph in the climbing gears brought me close to collapse several times... My plan this week will be to ride atleast 4 times to keep my quads in the threshold of current performance...I also need to work on increasing that threshold next week. I will also be adjusting my diet starting today....Increase carbs some more and add creatine along with protein in my water drinks...I'll take all the help I can get!!
Lance's Time trial win today was so fitting... It makes me want to buy that carbon bike even more:-)) I like to believe and tell my self that it would make a big difference but I am not at a caliber of riding to justify a full carbon frame. Perhaps next year!! The good old Trek 1220 going on 9 years of age is not a bad bike to train on.
Tomorrow I plan on doing this 37 mile bike loop around Amherst, Hadley and Granby.
Lets see how I hold up!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home