Pan Mass Challenge-2005

The training is going slower than expected.... Getting engaged to my fiance in the summer certainly threw my focus off for a while :-) But this sort of distraction I can deal with ...Starting next week, I will start to venture outside the BlackStone area. So far I have been doing this 20 mile loop for several weeks... Its a reasonable challenge... Not too difficult... The days I want to add a little more flavor to my ride, I have been going up Purgatory Chasm... The 2 mile hill climb is a good reminder that the 75 mile days of PMC do require adequate training... Usually my legs are about ready to explode at the top of the hill. With no more power left in the engine room, one is eventually rewarded by the steep decline off of Central Turnpike... I have gone as fast as 48 mph coming down hill...A scary thought really, because at that speed you have no time for a reaction to any unforseen incident. Note to self: Read up on the Concept of Self Preservation... Besides, my fiance may change her mind, if I decide to leave majority of my skin on the road.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home